Looking for WD Donor Drive for Data Recovery

Hi,

My WD My Passport has the “click of death” and my data recovery service is looking for a donor drive. To expedite data recovery I’m also searching. I’m looking for:

WD 1.0TB USB3.0 Drive
MDL: WD10JMVW-xxS5Xxx
DCM: EHCTJBNB
DATE: 21 OCT 2012

Let me know if you can help.

Mark

Hello,

I recommend you contact support. Maybe they can direct you to a place where you can purchase this drive.

This is a very common drive. I would imagine support would only be able to provide you with current, new models.

I’m pretty sure we have several of these 2012 models in stock that I personally have used for our in house recoveries. Which lab are you using? Perhaps I know them and can work something out if they are having trouble…

datarecoveryguy,

Thanks for replying. You are right - WD Support are unable to help because, as you would undoubtedly know, they do not stock spare parts.

i’m actually in Sydney, Australia and so is the data recovery service - Xyber. They tell me they sometimes have to source donor drives from outside Australia. And they are having trouble sourcing a donor drive hence my involvement in the search. I’m open to suggestions as to how you might be able to help.

thanks

MF

As Sydney is quite far away having just one drive sent to you might not do it and it becomes inconvenient to keep sending drives into Australia. If they have no luck sourcing something locally for you feel free to send us the drive for evaluation. PM me if you require more information, good luck

I’d put up with the inconvenience if it meant a better chance of data recovery. I’m told the closer the DCM and manuacture date the better the chance. Do you have a drive with a DCM that matches ? How do I PM ?

If you click on a users name there should be an options that says " send this user a private message"

DCM sometimes helps but sometimes means very little. To find a match we use specalised equipment that verifies internal part compatability.