I'm I missing something

My book will only backup my documents that appear on the desktop-- none of my files on the Macintosh HD appear anywhere as being backed up. Am I missing something here? Most of my files are located on the Mac HD not on the desktop screen.

Hi, what program are you using to backup your files?

Hi, I’m using the WD Smartbackup program that came with the device

Thanks

Ok, you can explore the backup folder manually, inside the external hard drive you will see a folder with the name smartware.swstor, inside this folder you will find all of your files. By default Smartware will only backup the files from the main computer hard drive, so that might also be what is causing the problem.

Hi, Thanks for looking into this. When I look in this folder, there are a two folders nested together (tm’s computer-tm) the last file then has the folders Documents, Mail, Music, Pictures and Other. The Other folder then has also two folders nester together (User and tm) the last tm folder has folders Desktop, Library, Public and Sites.

The deskstop folder has all my document and folders that I work with on the desktop but none of these folders has anything from my Mac HD including files and documents.

Thanks Tom