I Want To Sell My 2TB Passport For Mac, How Do I Wipe It Clean? Please Help!

I want to make sure I’ve wiped all the information off my passport for mac before I sell it, I’m not sure how to make it suitable for sale so that no old info is on it.

Any info is greatly appreciated as long as it’s in layman’s terms as I’m not too tech savvy!

Thanks in advance,

Joefish

Hello,

You can format the drive to erase everything on it.

How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX

You can also write zeros to it if you have a Windows computer

How to low level format or write zeros (full erase) to a WD hard drive or Solid State drive

Hi,

thanks for replying, as I said before I’m not very tech savvy and find it hard to understand what those instructions you provided a link for mean.

This is an example of what I mean, I once completely erased my entire iTunes library without even realising I was doing it, so I’m really looking for some very very simple instructions if possible.

What would be the danger if I just sold the passport for mac without wiping it clean?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I realize this post is a couple of weeks old, but someone else might need the info.

Run Disk Utility

Click the drive on the left that you want to erase

Click the Erase tab (where it says First Aid / Erase / Restore)

Click the Security Options button

Set the slider according to how valuable your data would be to someone else. One pass is probably adequate for most household data.

Click the Ok button

Click the Erase… button

Many thanks for the reply but I’ve already sold it, I think I’d wiped it properly,

cheers,

Joe