How Can I Be Sure?

How can I be sure if it is safe to plug my WD External Hard Drives for MAC into my newer Mac Book Pro laptop with OS Maverick? I am currently using 4 of them to store many photographs with my older desktop and am afraid to even try them with my newer machine. As far as I know I never installed the WD SmartWare. Is it safe as long as the software is not installed? If so, is there a way to make sure the software isn’t installed.

I apologize if this information is already on the forums. I just do not have enough time or technical knowledge to figure this out.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the community.

At this moment WD drives do not have any known issues with Mavericks. If you have or plan to use a drive that requires WD Drive manager please make sure you have the latest version installed.

You can download the  WD Drive Manager v3.1.0 Software and run it to install the latest version of the software.

1 Like

Thank you. I have been reading that there are issues though and it scares me. Is the WD Drive Manager even necessary when using a MAC? The hard drives I am using are various ages. Can I search my MAC to see if the WD Drive Manager is installed or should I look for it in a specific location?