Help please WD 2TB My Book not working in Seatay HDD dock (plugged in 19v laptop in WD drive!)

Hi All,

I accidently plugged in my laptop power to my WD 2TB drive and then it stopped working.  A friend suggested that I take off the casing and then buy a HDD docking station.  I bought one from Ebay and it works okay as i can see the power light on etc however when I insert my drive into the slots it doesnt do anything , no whirs, no clicks, nothing.

There should not be any damage to the contents of the drive but I dont understand why the drive does not register with this HDD docking station?

If anyone can help me that would be great :slight_smile:

Nicole

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Have you tried connecting the drive on a different computer or different port? Also try to see if the drive comes up under disk management when you go to computer management.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the post.  Yes I have tried the drive on 2 computers now, 1 with Windows and 1 Mac which is the main one I use.  The drive doesnt show on disk utility or my under disk management.  I’m really at a loss what to do now.

I’ve been reading that a lot of HDD Docking Stations do not recognise WD drives! Is that true?