Format my 6TB My Book Studio Edition II to FAT32

My reply also goes with what you said on the post that I found in my email but not here on the forum Wayne:

-“What partitioning scheme are you using?  The partitioning scheme is what causes the limitation for how large a partition you can format.  MBR (Master Boot Record), itself, will only partition up to 2 TB’s max in size.  XP will only partition, or read partitions in MBR.  Therefore, you will only be able to partition up to 2TB’s in size.”

I have tried partitioning scheme GUID using a MAC using Disk Utilities to format the hard drive. The only 3 options are:

• GUID Partition Table: to use the disk to start up an Intel-based Mac, or to use the disk as a non-startup disk with any Mac with Mac OS X version 10.4 or later.
  • Apple Partition Map: to use the disk to start up a PowerPC-based Mac, or to use the disk as a non-startup disk with any Mac.
  • Master Boot Record: to use the disk to start up DOS and Windows computers, or to use with devices that require a DOS-compatible or Windows-compatible partition.

The Master Boot Record option is shadowed out and I am unable to select this option. My guess is because my hard drive is more than 2.17TB?

When choosing GUID with only 1 partition and the format MS-DOS (FAT) it comes out giving me 2TB (PS3 doesn’t read). When I choose GUID  3 partition and the format MS-DOS (FAT), because it splits each partition to a a 2TB size and it will fit in the max limit of 2.17TB, my Mac recognizes it as 3 hard drives of 2TB each… reasonable. When plugged into PS3 I still don’t see the drive… or 3 drives of 2TB each? Also even if I change the partitions so that each partition is below the 2.17TB the MBR option still remains shaded.

I have also tried the Apple Partition Map option and the results are the same as GUID.

Should I try making it the 3 partitions in Mac Disk Utilities and use another program to actually format to all 3 to FAT32 from the what would now be DS-DOS (FAT)? I’m not sure if there is a difference between the DS-DOS (FAT) and FAT32?

I hope this info helps you in helping me. Thank you for trying to help I truly appreciate everyones help.

-Chad