Files Missing on one partition of My Passport

I created two partitions on My Passport and used one for Time Machine and the other for some files I wanted to keep. I’m not sure when this happened, but I have all the Time Machine files and none of my “personal” files on the other partition except for the folder. I named that partition Anne’s Stuff and had a folder called “Desktop” which contained photos and some documents I wanted to keep. Desktop is still there, but all of the files are gone!!! 

The only thing I can think of is I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion and I probably should have disconnected My Passport. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there any way to recover those files?

There’s a change that your folder got corrupted, try using a data recovery program for Mac and scan the passport. You can also check if the files are hidden, check the link below for the steps.

http://www.mikesel.info/show-hidden-files-mac-os-x-10-7-lion/

Sorry, that didn’t work. I looked at some file recovery software that was $99 and I guess I don’t want the files back that badly. I’ll use My Passport for Time Machine, but not for anything I really want to keep. Thanks for responding!