Does WD Stupidware even work on the Mac?

Just thought I would update this topic.  After consulting with Western Digital “Support”, they convinced me the drive was bad and I should RMA it.  Of course, by this point, it was out of stock at Amazon.com, so I had to try WD’s RMA.  I decided to try an advanced RMA.  Submitted it on Monday.  By Thursday, it still had not shipped yet.  At this point, Amazon had the drive back in stock so I tried to cancel the RMA.  Of course, WD is too stupid to have an email option for that.  After wading through the RMA document, I found out you had to call them to get that done.  So, I called them and canceled the RMA.  Of course, since WD doesn’t seem to know how to do anything right, the person told me the drive might still ship. [text deleted - keep it courteous] 

Conversely,  doing the return on Amazon is a joy.  It is so well thought out and executed.  You get next day shipping on replacements.  It’s good to see someone knows how to treat their customers.

Recieved the replacement drive today.  Still can’t change the label with the Mac software.  I finally figured it out, however.  I deleted the partition, then brought the drive over to a windows box and formatted it for the PC.  Surprise, Stupidware on the PC changes the drives label no problem now.  I guess I will now have to delete the partition again and reformat it for Mac.  What a stupid process.

So, I learned:

1.) WD Stupidware is absolute broken ■■■■ on the Mac

2.) WD support doesn’t have a clue (Their first response to my support request was to forward me a link to updated windows software for a drive being used on a Mac.  Then refused to admit their software was bad and made me return a perfectly good drive for no reason).

3.) WD RMA department is slower than Danica Patrick at a NASCAR race.

Not earth shattering revelations, for sure.  The kicker is they made the mistake of sending me a satisfaction survey about my support experience.  I am so going to enjoy ripping them up one side and down the other on that thing.