Disk unmounts on it's own

Hey guys,

I have aWestern Digital wd10000h1q-00 mybook studio that will mount and then about 5-10 seconds later unmount on it’s own with a “disk not ejected properly” error message. If i leave it plugged in, it’ll remount itself and then unmount over and over again. 

I’m using this on a Macbook pro running 10.7.2

Anyone have any experience with Disk Warrior or any of the other software that claims to be able to recover data in situations like this?

Disk Warrior only works on stable connections, which is not the case here and won’t help. Try different cables, updating the firmware and trying the other connectors (USB>Firewire>eSATA). If all else fails and you don’t care or have warranty then take the drive off the case and connect it directly to the computer. If the drive itself is fine then nothing else will be needed.

Start backing up your data dude, don’t ever leave your data on one place if it really means anything to you.

I’ve the same problem with a My Book Studio Edition II connected via FW800 to a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. Since it seems to be recurring, I suspect this issue has something to do with the driver.