Changing Permissions

I know that My Book is for Macs, but is there absolutely no way to work around this and make it available for another laptop? I have a MacBook Pro and another laptop running Linux, and I have no way of backing up my laptop running Linux and I have a 1TB My Book… I find myself having to transfer everything into a 16GB USB drive and a 14GB SD card from an old phone laying around. As you can imagine, it takes a lot of time to start tranfering everything back and forth, and I really didn’t want to spend money on another external drive. 

Is there a way so that my Linux laptop can be able to transfer files to the My Book?

And I’m really sorry if this has been questioned already, I’m new here. :flushed:

Hi, that depends on the format that you are using, to use it on both you can try formatting the my book using the FAT32 file system, check the link below for the steps and keep in mind this will delete all the my book files, so do a backup first. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/291/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1MTQ0MTU4OS9zaWQvdzFsS3RTOWw%3D