Cannot copy files over 2

Hello

I’m new here and I have a perplexing question. I have a WD I think the model # is WD1200U017 it’s an older model and is only capable of holding 111 GB of information I bought it new in 2005 or 2006, The problem may not lie in the hard drive but in the Mac Computers OS. When I plug it in on the new Mac’s it shows up and I can accesses its content and I can transfer files to the Mac but when I try to transfer the files from the Mac to the drive its self by dragging the files to my drive but curser just turns in to a circle-backslash no symbol and when I try to copy and paste the files I can copy but it doesn’t give me the option to paste to my drive. What is going on here I’ve been able to drag and drop from a Mac before heck just a year ago. Just wanting to know that’s all. It works just fine on a PC considering its older than 5 years.

The drive is probably formatted NTFS for Windows which is read only on a Mac. Try NTFS-3G http://mac-free.com/download/NTFS-3G.html on the Mac. It should make the drive usable on both.

Joe