Both tests fail after after 1st 5% on Thunderbolt duo 6TB

I have Thunderbolt duo 6TB and it is in Raid 1 mounted to iMac and Yosemite, after upgrading to latest WD drive Utility, now quick test nor complete test wont pass. Smart status shows ok. I can read and write the data on drive. Is it possible make further  diagnostics if it is drive failure? What next, warranty is valid still.  My data on dive is more 2TB.   Thanks in advance kr esko1

Hi esko1, welcome to the Community. Have you tried running a Disk Utility test? If the test fails again, I recommend you to replace the unit. 

How to test a drive for defects or problems on a Mac 

1 Like

Hi Jubei04, thanks for reply. I will try disk utility like you suggested but I want to I back up my data to another external wd drive first. Unfortunately it is an usb2.0 one and seems to take ages. I have now been copying it for more than 10 hours and this is expected to continue another 10 hours in minimum for the vidoe folder and then I have to make a comparison for  the picture folder as well.  I will come back.  Anyway I have some concerns whether disk utility can see any deeper into this problem, because as mentioned it is raid 1, and the either one of the raid components seem to work. I am disappointed for the usefulness of WD Drive Utiity with Thunderbolt interface if there is no way to diagnose raid 1 configurations for each drive separately.     

I after backing up all my data, I used disk utility of mac. Though I could not repair disk, but needed erase them. Now quick test passed and  complete test running and I am also transferring my data back. So far looks good.