Any way to backup my book for Mac automatically?

Hello all, I’m super new to all this and have a pretty basic knowledge of external hard drives.

I previously had the wd my cloud, but have had horrible experiences and support adviced me to return the first, and send back the second for warranty repairs.

I decided to stay away from the wd my cloud and now have a my book for mac (wdbycc0030hbk-04), and I’m trying to figure out if there’s any way to backup everything in there to another wd passport that I have, without having to do it manually.

I’ve seen posts about something called smartware, but as far as I can see, this model is not equiped with that. 

I have a macbook pro, running the latest version of Yosemite, and have a wd utilitilies application that helps me test the drive and even erase it, but I don’t see anything on how to backup to another drive.

On the my cloud dashboard that I had before, you could do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Currently there is no WD application that could do this but, you can look for 3rd party applications that could help you backup a external drive to another. Unfortunately i have not knowledge of any app but lets see if another user can help you out with any ideas or tips. 

Hi there.

I’ve always used ChronoSync (from Econ Technologies). I have a WD Passport drive that I backup to another non-WD drive. ChronoSync hasn’t failed me in years. I like the fact that you can schedule syncs and backups by a certain time or even when the drive mounts. It’s a very sophisticated piece of software.  I’ve dealt with their Support, too, and it’s top-notch.

I know they have a demo version so you can try it out for a while to see what you think.  Here’s their website:   http://www.econtechnologies.com/