All data gone on My Book Studio II

I thought I could share my bit of experience on the matter. I have a 1TB dual drive as well and about 2 years ago I had the same issues with that drive. At first I thought it was just a matter of overheating since when it happened I was still in Athens Greece and it was summer with temps of 40 degrees celsius and more, so I hooked on top of the drive a small fan to see if that does something. Unfortunately the drive kept on failing on me after 20 or so min of operation so I figured that there was something wrong with the hardware and having in mind that it is passively cooled, some of the components inside the drive must have failed. So I decided to open up and see wh\t is in there that could be faulty and as soon as I got acces to the controller, there they were… various electrolytic capacitors. And based on my experience on how these guys cannot stand heat I decided to change them all and that did the trick. As soon as I hooked it back on my computer I was able to get access to all my files and the drive would stay alive always on for another couple of years - that is now that has failed again.