Accidentally deleted all the built-in files/installers/applications in my My Passport Ultra 1TB

Good day!

I am a Macbook Air user and i just recently purchased my passport ultra 1tb. Being caught up with the reformatting problems, I accidentally erased all the contents of my device without first backing up the built-in installers and applications. It is my understanding that I cannot recover anymore the deleted files. I just would like to ask the following questions:

1. What are the built-in files/installers/applications that come with the device?

2. Seeing that I cannot recover them anymore, where can I download these files/installers/applications?

As regards the 2nd question, I did already attempt to download some files/installers/applications, from the WD website even. But all of the things I downloaded did not work. A dialog box always crops up telling me to move the files to the trash bin. Particularly, I download the Smartware Installer. In my attempt to install the WD + TURBO, I always get the response that some drivers are missing. Also, when I attempt to install Smartware, the app seems to be freezing (i.e. the rainbow wheel just keeps on turning)

1. Ultimately though, I want to ask about the Dropbox cloud storage service because this is the very reason why I purchased this device to begin with. I want to know what files/installers/applications to download to set it up. And where can I download it? Also, I want to know how this feature works.

A reply would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU in advance! =)

Hello,

Take a look at this link. It has all the available software fro the Passport Ultra.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=223&lang=en

Please note that WD Smartware is not supported on Mac if you are using a WD My Passport Ultra.

The Passport Ultra only supports Smartware on Windows.