3 TB WD My Essential EHD looks on but does NOTHING! ((Mac))

I have 2 of these WD My Essencial HD’s; one older one (1TB) that is about 3-4 years old and one newer one (3TB) that is about a year old. I have never had any issues either until yesterday. My computer is a 2011 desktop Mac

More than once yesterday it simply ejected itself with the error message of inproper ejection, while the old one stayed on just fine. Lat night I ejected them both after doing what I had too but forgot to unplug them, I usually always do, everytime. This moring they were both still blugged in but ejected from the computer. So, I unplugged them and went to plug them back in after a bit to register. The old did, the new did not. At this point I have plugged and unplugged it more than a few times from the computer (usb) and the HD itself as well as disconnected it from the power source, restarted computer, pressed the (apparently) on off button of HD over and over, etc. etc.

At this point when I do plug it in the little light dot comes on and I can hear it running faitly but it will not connect and will not go off when I pull out the usb cord from computer. The light stay on, it does nothing. If I recall before it used to blink as it started up.

I am beggining to FREAK OUT!

Help me Mr. Wizzard, You’re my only hope!!

Try the steps provided on the following article.

WD external drive is not assigned a drive letter by Windows or Mac OSX and data on the drive is inaccessible

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1164