Thunderbolt External Hard Drive for Mac

by on ‎09-25-2011 05:45 PM

Dear WD:

How about creating a Thunderbolt-enabled external hard disk drive for the Mac? If it had USB 3.0 that would also be nice. Thx for your great products!

Comments
by on ‎10-06-2011 08:40 AM
Status changed to: New

by on ‎12-15-2011 10:05 PM

Looking forward to Thunderbolt and larger drives.  Have 2x2 TB and 4x2TB Studio II drives now.  Have been using eSATA and can't wait for Thunderbolt.  Bring on the speed.

by on ‎02-19-2012 08:38 PM

It should be on portable hard drive as well, it's clearly becoming a standard plus, it's low energy consumption.

by Staff on ‎02-21-2012 11:21 AM
Status changed to: In Review

by on ‎08-06-2012 08:10 PM

Planning ahead regarding getting the Thunderbold Duo. I'll be setting it up with Raid 1 and using as my Time Machine back up. Question, having had 3 other brand backup hard drives fail without warning, no longer being able to be used by TIme Machine, what is the product number for the replacement drives for this 6GB model. I'd like to know what to order if I need to replace one of the user replacable drives. (Yes, planning ahead, though hopefully WD drives or more reliable than Iomega so I won't have that problem.)

Announcements
Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements.

For a list of our Idea Exchanges, please click here.

Idea Statuses explained here.
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD