Download to iPhone Camera Roll from My Passport Wireless

I think it is important for iPhone users to be able to download photos/video directly into the iPhone’s Camera Roll from the My Passport Wireless. Actually, I think it is essential for iPhone users to be able to do this.

I know that iPhone users need a place to put there photos and uploading them to the My Passport Wireless is a great solution. But they want to be able to retrieve them from their My Passport and use them on their phones. They have to go back into the Camera Roll for that to happen.

3 Likes

Idea approved for voting.

I agree.  For photographers especially, the ability to save images to camera roll from the WD Passport app is essential.

For example, I was recently was on vacation and had backed up my photos from five SD cards onto the WD Passport Wireless.  I wanted to edit some of the photos on my iPad for posting on social media.  The WD Passport Wireless seemed like the perfect solution.  However, I was shocked to discover that saving photos directly to the device camera roll from the WD Passport app was impossible. 

I had to resort to opening one photo at a time from the WD Passport app in another app and then using that app to save the photo to the camera roll.  This was tedious when I needed multiple photos stored to my device so that I could edit them in a particular app. 

I agree.

While there are workarounds, they are tedious.

If images can’t be directly moved to the Camera Roll, it should at least be possible to Send To the Camera Roll after downloading them to the My Cloud App, perhaps with the option to move rather than copy, which is the most common outcome in other Apps that can do it. Memory on iDevices is precious, so having the space to hold two copies of a bunch of images, even temporarily while they are transfered to the Camera Roll, could often be a problem.

Agree this would be very useful

what a sad joke :frowning:

come on! More than one year has been past from this idea and nothing yet?! I’m very disappointed of WD. When you think release a new version of WD My Cloud for iOS?

Thanks… o not?

Could I have an update on the status of this idea? Was it ever voted on?

Has anyone received a response on how to download WD MyCloud to iPhone or iPad Camera Roll ?

I have not received a response to this request.
I have given up :disappointed:

I believe this issue is more an iPhone issue that the MPW or My Cloud app issue.

Any photos on MPW (or any drive either come from my phone or were copied to MPW using basic Windows copy functions.

For the few photos not on my phone, but elsewhere, the Photos need to be emailed to myself, email opened by email app on phone, and then, as with any other email with attached photos, saved to Camera Roll as per usual.