Did you know ? WD My Passport destroyes itself with restarting

Dear Community!

I bought a WD My Passport WDBKXH5000ABK-03 in Hungary two years ago, and since then, I saved all the data onto this device.

Last week it stopped, and didn’t start again. I was working with it on Friday, and it didn’t start again on Saturday. I have been trying to open it on other computer and my computer as well, but I failed it.

After an inspection by the greatest data saver company here in Hungary, the statement was, that " I have been destroying the device with the several restarting."

I didn’t hit it, didn’t hurt it, iI have been carrying it always in my computer bag in a safe place, so according to my opinion, it is unbelievable, that this device destroyes itself only with restarting or re-plugin after a trouble.  I thought, that this is one of the best device in the world…

I have got a serious loss and damages, and I don’t know what to do. One thing I know. I will not buy any WD My Passport product in the future.

Please tell this story to your friends as well, warning them not to restart this device, if it won’t start again.

Best regards,