Add "Other" Media Count to My Cloud App and Count RAW Files as Photos

This is a re-post (probably should have been posted here originally):

Have a 1TB MPW and love the idea of this product. As a photographer I use it to backup the contents of my SD cards (mostly Canon RAW files, but also some MOV files) while travelling. Am happy with the transfer process overall and once the files are on the MPW I can view them etc without a problem.

But the Media Count on the WD My Cloud (IOS) apps doesn’t provide an accurate control for checking whether all files have been successfully copied from the SD card to the MPW.

For example, if I transfer 30 .CR2 files and 1 .MOV file to the MPW, the Media Count on the Windows 7 GUI is reasonably accurate i.e.: Music = 0, Photos = 0, Video = 1, Other = 30

(although would be nice if the Canon raw files were recognised as “Photos”).

But the critical issue is that on both the iPhone and iPad My Cloud apps (v4.1.1) the Media Count only shows:

Music = 0, Photos = 0, Video = 1

i.e. there is no “Other” category, so there’s no way of telling how many “Other” files have been transferred without counting the actual files, which is impractical when dealing with hundreds or thousands of photos.

So my question: have I overlooked something or is it possible to update the apps and/or GUI as follows:

1. Add an “Other” category to Media Count on IOS apps.
  2. Count .RAW/CR2 files under the “Photos” category for Media Count purposes.

Note: strangely, the “Other” count can be viewed via the desktop GUI but not via the app!

Thanks.