Format and saving dell factory setting partition to external drive

Hi , 

I bought a DELL laptop which have already one partition of disk image. having WD3200BPVT hard drive.

I got error in diagnostics hard drive as 0F00-1332 using dell.

I want to full format it. Writing zero in all drive. but want to keep or make that image safe or copy to my external hard drive so that in future after having full format i can still make system partition for DELL factory settings and use other drive as default.

How i can do ?

Please provide me details

Thanks

Hi, you can use acronis to clone the hard drive. Check the link below.

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en

Please tell me that above tool will above of my follwing seneroi :

I have laptop of 320GB hard of WD. I got new hard drive of 1TB of WD. I also have external Hard drive of 500GB. the old one 320GB have dell system utility , i want to copy that patition to my 1TB hard drive , donot want to copy any other files to that only want to set that hiddden partition of new 1TB hard drive. As laptop will have only one internal hard drive attached to it at time. So can i use this tool and make a file of that hidden partition from 320GB to external drive and than copy it to new 1TB only to just clone that hidden DELL partition . not other files

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

Hi write the dell recovery disc’s .  Then put in the new drive boot the the recovery disc install windows when the dell recovery disc’s are finished you will have the dell recovery partition as the recovery disc’s restore that first.

Can you please explain how to do.
Im unable to clone as it says currently one hard drive is intalled in machine and it requires two or more.

Do the backup of dell recovery drive partition and C drive will do the same ? as clone works.

how i can clone with having one hard connected. making a file and use that file in another disk

Thanks

Hi there is no cloning you need the dell recovery media for your system. That you wrote to dvd when you got the pc.

Actually i have not wrote recovery disc for pc yet , hard drive which has some problems in running fine at the moment from which i want to make back up of recovery , C: , Dellutitlity (recovery another drive). Do you mean that i will make backup for the these three drive and restore to the new one attached after removing it ? via usb or external hard.

Thank you

Hi if you have a new hard drive and you use the dell recovery disc’s it will format the drive reinstall the recovery partition and then install windows onto the new drive.

Hi , 

i donot have dell recovery dics , is there a way that i can create one ?

Thanks

Hi yes if yuou look in the dell folder in all programs there should be a utility to write the recovery media.