What causes 'bad sectors' on a hard drive?

Thanks very much for the reply!

Your answer was VERY vague. Could you please be a little more descriptive and / or specific? For example:

-‘Regular everyday use’ - used for what? Under which circumstances? In what kind of system - office? Home? Gaming? Server?

-‘Substantial amount of time’ - how much time? Measured in what - weeks? Months? Years? Decades?

Why exactly could bad sectors be present in even brand-new out-of-the-box drives?

What exactly is a ‘strong jerk’? I have absolutely no idea what this might mean.

I understand that physical damage, shocks and excessive heat (how hot, exactly - what temperature?) can damage a drive and / or cause bad sectors. But the main thing I want to know is the reasons for the bad sectors on *MY* hard drives - which are not subjected to physical damage, shocks or excessive heat.

My computer sits in the floor. It is not picked up. It is not dropped - it is not even moved. It is not subjected to shocks of any kind. It is not damaged. The drives are kept more or less at room temperature - all the time. The drives are in a properly ventilated and fanned enclosure. The drives are not very old. And I specifically bought the higher-performance drives so that I wouldn’t have to worry about problems like this - I deliberately paid the higher price for these exact drives, but I’m NOT seeing the benefits.

They are still developing bad sectors and failing before they reach the end of their advertised life-span - and I want to understand the reasons for this.