WIndows 7 drivers

Hi there,

I have the following drive on my mac book pro(13-inch, Early 2011) running OSX Mavericks.

Western Digital Bare Drives 1TB WD Blue SATA III 5400 RPM 8 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Notebook Hard Drive WD10JPVX

When I try to install Windows 7 using bootcamp, the setup complains of missing drivers. Your website[1] seems to have drivers in .msi format. I tried uncompressing the msi and adding it to the usb along with the rest of the bottcamp driver, but that didnt help.

Can you point me to any links that might help me get the correct Windows 7 drivers…

Thanks for the help

[1] http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?modelno=WD10JPVX&x=0&y=0

Hello,

I have never tried this since it is not supported. WD Internal drives user drivers that are loaded in the OS. Mac and Windows already have the necessary drivers. However, lets see what other user can share about this.

Hi the drivers it is looking for are the Sata controller drivers as there are no drivers for hard drives. So you need to find out what Intel sata controller the motherboard has and get the windows 7 version of those drivers. During the windows setup it will give you a chance to install third party drivers this is when you have the windows 7 sata controller drivers on a usb stick and point the setup to it. 

1 Like

Thanks a ton for your reply. My macbook has “Intel 6 Series Chipset”, and I assumed that bootcamp

will download the appropriate drivers for chipsets.

I was able to install Windows 7 when I was using the original HDD that came with the macbook-pro.

Hitachi 5K500 HTS545032B9A302 320GB, but not after I upgraded to the WD hdd.