WDC WD10S12X-55JTET0 Driver leak

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

Do not bother sending your notebook to Sony, or Western Digital - it won’t help.

I was exchanging emails with Western Digital Support for months - sending them detailed description of the problem, reporting how different driver versions work and asking for support. It took for them like a week to give reply for each of my emails giving me no help at all. Eventualy they decided that they redirect the case to super special “Level 2 department” which will be able to handle this problem with extra tools. “Level 2 department” supposed to contact me within a few days, but no one has ever contacted me.

Now I know that all this was a delaying tactic and playing the fool.

How do I know that? Because eventually MSI support has answered my question concerning WD Boost. Within two working days they have established what follows:

2014-02-20 5:07 GMT+01:00, MSI OCSS msihelp@msi.com:

Ticket: WD BoostContent: Dear Customer,

I got the answer from WD who inform us it is normal.Because WD Boost driver
has three caching tiers (HostCache System DRAM -> SSHD Flash Storage
-> SSHD Disk Storage) to optimize overall system performance. Host
caching will dynamically allocate/de-allocate system memory in response to
application demands. Thanks!

So I wrote to WD Support email where I pasted the above quotation and described my email exchange with MSI. I was asking WD Support if what MSI wrote me is true and why it takes a few months to establish something that MSI did in two days.

I was waiting and waiting and waiting… and after more than two weeks they send me this:

WD Boost is used for unlocking the 1TB portion of the drive.
If you can please provide a screen shot of the WD Boost Service
that is running that would be great.

A “screen shot of the WD Boost Service”… “that is running”… yeah, right.

I do not want to tell this, but it seems that there are no competent people in WD Support, just some kind of… I do not want to name it. Maybe this is just their politics to play fool with their clients.

OK, the conclusion.

What we can do about it:

• we can return the notebooks to their producers because email from MSI clearly stated that we have been cheated. I have been buying notebook with 8 GB of RAM, not “8 GB minus 2 GB for handling hard drive” about what MSI forgot to inform their customers in their ads. The same applies the Sony notebook you own.

• never never ever buy anything what comes from Western Digital.

• on whatever forum I find (concerning WD products) I describe this history with warning about not buying WD Black and avoiding all the products of this company because they a flawed and there is no support for it whatsoever. I would suggest you do the same and warn other people.

I wish you luck and hope you will get your money back.