Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer : tigerdirect

VGA Brand : intel      Model : 4000
CPU Brand : Intel      Model : 3770k      Speed : 3.5
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit      SP :
Memory Brand :Corsair      Type : SDRAM
Memory Size : 16g      Speed :1600
Power Supply : 850 W

raid works ,setup two western digital hard drives on the Intel Rapid Storage.two
34gig raptors.Instaled Windows 7 Pro.
Then removed them and put in two WD6000HLHX(wd600g
velociraptors).They do not show up in intel rapid storage utility and do not show under
system in the BIOS on any ports.

They do detect under Marvell 88SE9172 SATA Controllers and show on ports ,will
configure into raid but will not show up under OS 7 Pro to install windows7.there just not there.
The board will run on one WD600 raptor on the Marvel Controller.

The Intel Rapid Storage Technology controller is my (6Gig) high speed ports so i wish to use them.

I wrote to Intel they sent me drivers and software that did not work.Then said i need firmware.

I then contacted Gigabyte (“It should be PnP, make sure only one controller is configure as raid and not
both.”)this did not work.Then they said"as the pre-install driver should already be ready to be used and there should be no issue."

Then i searched the web and found similar problems and they RMAed there drives and the new ones worked.?

I got two hard drives and both are having the same problem.

Then I contacted Western Digital for firmware as Intel and forums said I should do.I have not got an answer.

What should I do?

Hello Mate,

I think you need to reach WD support for this one.

1 Like

The MARVELL 88se9172 sata not loading OS was the driver.so the hard drives work and load.There  just not working on intel raid controller. 

WD support has now contacted me.Said they will send me firmware in 3 to 5 days.