WD30EFRX S.M.A.R.T Message

Hi Guys.

My QNAP Nas sends me an Smart Warning on all of my 4 WD30EFRX Drives. The count from Wert=200, Schlechtester Wert=200, Schwelle=140, Rohwert=1 and Status=Warning stays on all drives since about 1 Year without any changes. The Smart Check doesn’t give any Errors. What is the Problem? Btw. what is the lates FW for this HDD’s (now 80.00A80)? And another btw. i bought the 4 HDD from Amazon.de himself and if i will register the drives, there is an Message:

Thank you for registering your product(s), 0 product(s) were registered out of 1. The following asset(s) failed to register: because it’s either an OEM product or the warranty has been voided. For further assistance, please contact the WD support team

Can anyone help me please?

Greetz Marcus

Hello,

I recommend you contact support directly for assistance with this issue.

Contact WD

But how? I need to register and that doesnt work.

Hello,

Try calling them:

General Support
1 (800) 275-4932

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp?lang=en%22

No E-Mail Support for Germany?

Hello,

Yes, There is Email support for Germany. Click on the link below to create your account so you can send them an email through the support portal.

https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/ind/?lang=en

Sorry, i must be blind. I didn’t find it. Everytime i must register a product and i cannot register any hdd because i bacame this message.

Hello,

I have past this along to support. Someone will contact you soon. Please check your private messages periodically.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

fidelcastro54 wrote:

Sorry, i must be blind. I didn’t find it. Everytime i must register a product and i cannot register any hdd because i bacame this message.

Hi fidelcastro54, please note that it is not necesary to register your product to contact support. You can do so from the support portal by clicking on the “Call WD Support” to get the phone number or “Email WD Support” to send an email. 

1 Like

OK, I’m blind! :mansad:

@fidelcastro54, I suspect that your drives have recorded 1 reallocated sector. That means that 1 bad sector has been repleced with a spare. If that is the only problem, and as the number hasn’t changed during the past year, then I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Ok. Thank you.