WD1003FZEX CAVIAR BLACK poor access time explained!

mike321sk wrote:

It´s true. They sell Blue drives as these “Black” WD1003FZEX. I bought it put a data on it - in my country there will be problems due this to return it back (shame) and test it with HD Tune. The Blue drives are even a bit faster then this “Black” drive. What was really silly is the fact, that I concact WD support via email and they agreed with my suspicions and said, that these Black drives are exact as Blue WD10EZEX but they put +3 years warranty for the blacks. Stupid and silly thing to do for customers, for them - more money for the same Blue **bleep**. They even said that in specifications is weight of these Black drives 0,49 kg not 0,69 kg (that is for 3TB hdds) but what I know is, that every seller listed this 1TB Black drive with 0,69 kg weight.

WD started to do as the rest of the companies in the world - make big profits at the expense of quality and in the final state to the detriment of customers experiences.

Nowadays it´s really hard to buy something really good quality made and with specifications that are not misleading.

Wake up big companies and stop screwing us - the customers.

First of all, we are not publishing specifications that are misleading.  Moreover, the Blue and Black drives are not the same.  I checked into your email to support, nowhere did we say that they’re the same.  What he did say was that the parameters were similar.  You need to check the parameters for your drive.  If the specs on your drive fall within the parameters stated on the spec sheet, then your drive is fine.  If not, then you need to contact support for further help with what may be going on with your drive.

For a further explanation for why the Blue may be outperforming the Black drive, please refer to the link below.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1741-wd-blue-vs-black-comparison-best-drive-for-gaming