WD WinDLG Version 1.24

Main Question
I still have the old boot disks for an earlier version 11.3. Does WD WinDLG Version 1.24 install in programs and features or is it a standalone program?
I have everything an SSD and a WD32000AAKX partitioned for Storage and Backups.  I want to replace 320 with a WDBH2D0010HNC-NRSN.  So, When I remove the 320 and install WDBH2D0010HNC, then boot up and partition WDBH2D0010HNC with diskmgmt. Do I put the file(WinDLG) on the hard drive and double click? 

Other Questions
Does this work with Win 8? (WD WinDLG Version 1.24)
If I use the WD32000AAKX in a Sata2 system do I use the jumper pins?
I have 2 WD32000AAKX when they had 3 year warranty and didn’t register them but can print the receipt, so do I need to register WDBH2D0010HNC-NRSN?

TIA,

IDKME

Hi to complete the RMA yes the drives have to be registered and you need to sign into the WD portal.  WD WinDLG is a test program for WD hard drives you can download it from the WD support web site but there is no need to install it unless you want to test a drive. You can run a Warranty check and start the RMA process here.  http://support.wd.com/warranty/index_end.asp?lang=en   . Now the jumper may not be needed it depends on the Mother board sata controller so try it without the jumper to start with. Diskmgmt in windows will format and partition the drive. Or  if you are installing windows you can partition it during the install process.

Hi Hammy

I’m not wanting an RMA.  I just want to test a new drive(WDBH2D0010HNC-NRSN) before upgrading to

WinPro8 before installing.  Win7HP is on SSD and I want to put this HDD in after I upgrade. After

Win 8 is installed, I would just have to shut down and hook it up. So, Does WinDLG install or is

it a standalone program like CPUZ, hwmonitor, etc.~that you can run and just delete it.

OK for putting Sata3 drive into a Sata2 Motherboard put in jumper…Thanks

I pretty much know what to do, just looking for a heads up.  Never use WinDLG from desktop, I

always booted with it.

TIA,

IDKME

Hi yes there is a windows version that you can just remove after.

1 Like