WD SATA Cavier Blue seen in BIOS, but not in Windows

Hello Forum Folks,

My new WD SATA 16MB cache 500 GB internal hard drive is recognized by the BIOS, but is not seen in Windows XP.  I read the instructions on the WD web page that said to jumper pins 5 - 6 to make it compatible with older mother boards.  I did that, but still it is not seen in Windows.  The PC is an HP Pavilion a1540n.  This is a secondary drive to be used as storage, since the primary is filling up too fast.  Any ideas?

You need to initialize the drive, then format it.  

How to initialize:  http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1018/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNzE0NzAwOS9zaWQvdjhtMUZIT2s%3D

The same thing happened to me, but if you go to computer management you can find your HDD there.

The same thing happened to me, but none of the suggestions helped.  The disk shows up on the boot up BIOS screen but not on Channel 2 in CMOS.  It shows up on device manager, which says the device is working properly, but not on Disk Management.  I have a Seagate 750 GB drive that I’ve connected using the same cables, and it works just fine.

One way is to download G-Parted and burn to cd .

then reboot to run the program. This is a linux based program and if you have any problems search for linux community

forms and they will help you gladly.

G-Parted is free and there are several other free programs to do the same thing.

Any one who needs help with this can email me at :    wfs151@hotmail.com  and I will get back to you as soon as possible

Hope this helps