WD Red 1TB WD10EFRX-EXP and WD10EFRX (Use for NAS)

Hello all and thanks for welcoming me to the community.

I have ordered a netgear nas 102RN, along with this WD Red 1TB Drive

This is supposed to work specifically for NASes. My question is what is the difference with this similar product

I do hope to get an answer shortly, in case the drive i ordered is not compatible to a NAS device.

The reason i picked it was that it would ship off UK while the OEM version wouldn’t.

What worries me is the specifications which look slightly different, although the description, picture and model number are the same? Is there anything i should worry about?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I don’t think there is any difference in the drive itself. It just means you are getting an additional service called “WD Care Express”. You get an extended warranty time and faster RMA replacement.

You can check the warranty time of your HDD here:

https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/WarrantyCheck/

WD10EFRX is certified for the Netgear RN102, so you should be fine.

Thanks for the prompt response.

However, the dimensions and weight are slightly bigger than the regular EFRD version. Is it possible that they just messed up the specifications in the Amazon website?

The dimensions and weight specified for the OEM-version are for the disc itself.

The “EXP”-version probably comes in a retail box, so the measurements are for the box and disc together.