WD RED firmware update with Windows2012 server storage pool

I have been using my WD RED drives (2x1TB) about a year. The two disks form a storage pool with mirror layout in windows server 2012.

Storage pool is a feature of Windows Server 2012.

While the disks are part of the pool, the WD firmware updater can not detect drives and can not update their firmware as well.

Since the purpose of the RED series is NAS like solutions, I believe the firmware updater should be able to run without problem.

HakanTolgay wrote:

I have been using my WD RED drives (2x1TB) about a year. The two disks form a storage pool with mirror layout in windows server 2012.

Storage pool is a feature of Windows Server 2012.

While the disks are part of the pool, the WD firmware updater can not detect drives and can not update their firmware as well.

Since the purpose of the RED series is NAS like solutions, I believe the firmware updater should be able to run without problem.

Welcome to the community, I recommend you to make the suggestion in the ideas board. Popular ideas are taken into consideration for future updates and product development. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/internal_ideas/tab/most-recent