Occasional Visitor
horatio008
Accepted Solution

WD Green WD6400AARS install ??

Hi, 

I'm just not quite sure if I need the WD align software in this situation.

I'm installing this drive on to a  machine that will be getting XP SP3 installed by recovering a Macrium image of a C partition taken from a failed hard drive on the machine. The image is just under 7 gigs. 

The drive does not need more than one partion. 

Should I jumper pins 7-8 before installing and leave it at that, or will I need to install the align software after the OS is on the drive?

thanks in advance. 

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: WD Green WD6400AARS install ??

If you are only going to use 1 partition you can use the jumper on pins 7-8, but if you want to clone a hard drive or want to use more than one partition, use the WD Align tool. 

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
horatio008

thanks for replying Alucardx23..:smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
johanson

tanks

Alucardx23 wrote:

If you are only going to use 1 partition you can use the jumper on pins 7-8, but if you want to clone a hard drive or want to use more than one partition, use the WD Align tool. 

tanks

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD