WD Caviar Black 1TB - 513 bad sectors

Since one week my WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 can’t run videos and other files can’t open it.

I Searched in google and I saw a lot of threads similiar like my problem and I tried one of these solutions.

First of all, I ran WD Diagnostic and the hdd don’t pass quick test “06-Quick Test on drive 1 did not complete! Status code = 07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint = 97 (Unknown Test) SMART self-test did not complete on drive 1!”

Then I started to immediately back up everything I have in this drive to another new WD Caviar Black 1TB.

I ran the HDD Regenerator in regeneration mode and 513 bad sectors were found it and recovered:

Just reboot machine a message from SMART option alert me that hdd is bad and I have to back up and replace it. I disabled SMART option from BIOS and I run my pc normally and a lot of messages from Intel Rapid Technology told me that hdd don’t work normally.

Well, I don’t know what I do with this hdd before replaced it. Should do I use more HDD diagnositcs softs like HD tune, HD Lifeguard for try to discover another anomally?

Thanks for all support and sorry for my english >.<

if you recovered your data, next phase is the RMA :slight_smile:

you dont have to do anything more