WD Blue 500GB Install Help Needed!

Purchased a WD Blue 500GB for Acer Aspire 4720Z laptop.  Original HDD is 120GB.  OS is Windows Vista.  RAM is 2GB DDR2.  Has a dual core processor.  Would like to update to Windows 7.  Hoping RAM is okay as is.  Need help to install. 

Am I to replace the original HDD or is there room enough for both?  If I must take out the original, how do I save everything before doing that?  And then, how do I transfer everything to the new HDD?

Also, how will the dual core processor be affected when upgrading the HDD?  Must I format the new HDD in a special way? 

And lastly, when I do install the new HDD, can I upgrade to Windows 7 without having to reinstall Windows Vista?

Thanks so kindly for any help!

Hi some laptop’s can use 2 drives most can not. You would have to backup your personal files to a external hard drive usb style or write them to DVD’s. A upgrade win 7 disc will only upgrade a os so you would have to have vista installed. It would make no difference what cpu the system has. If you are not familiar with PC’s and it seems you are not you could do more damage than good sorry but those are the facts. From the questions you asked and the amount of work that needs to be done you need a pc shop. For example you could clone the old drive to the new one but you need a usb connector for the new drive to be able to do that. I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for but it is the truth.