WD 2TB Black Chirping?

I’ve been a fan of Western Digital drives for quite a while now, I have two in my computer along with an orphaned Hitatchi…

I use a WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200RPM for my OS drive (because SSDs aren’t big enough, reliable, cheap, etc, Western Digital should make some SSDs, I would buy them, eventually =P)

and recently I’ve been noticing more chirping than I had before… Its an odd sound, no scratching or abrupt sounds, but every now and again (especially during writes, like during the WD diagnostic test) the chirping gets pretty loud, I can hear it over my 12 fans inside my case, 4 of which rest on the CPU coolers, and 1 of the 12 is itself a very loud Yate Loon High Speed 140mm fan that runs at ~3000RPM…

System:

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II

Mobo: EVGA SR-2

CPUs: 2x Xeon E5620 @ 2.4GHz overclocked to 3.4GHz

CPU coolers: 2x Cooler Master 212 EVO

PSU: Corsair AX1200

RAM: Corsair XMS3 (24GB across 6 sticks)

Storage: WD 2TB Caviar Black (OS drive, drive that chirps)

Storage: Hitatchi 1TB drive (Never heard one sound from it, was an OS drive in a previous computer)

Storage: WD 400GB Black (Never heard one sound from it as well, OS drive in an even older computer when 400GB was a lot of space)

What do you guys think it is? I ran the “Quick” diagnostic on it with WDs program, found nothing. Is there something I can do to make it quiet down or is it just a property of these drives? It runs about 9f hotter than the other two, they’re all directly above and below eachother in front of a 200mm fan.

Thanks in advance…

If the test completed successfully and you don’t notice any difference in performance, you should be good. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/568