Trouble with Support and Changing the Country on Account

A quick backstory: one of the drives in my RAID array is failing and I needed to get it RMAd ASAP. I stuck the serial into the site and it said it was from the wrong region. I checked my account and for some reason it’s set to “United States” although I’m in the UK (and always have been).

I contacted support to get this switched ASAP so I could start an RMA request and it’s been nothing but a nightmare. It’s been a week now with 10 or so emails going back and fourth, with them saying “Ok, we’ve fixed it” and me responding with “No, it still says United States”. I don’t understand how they keep “fixing it” (what are they doing each time?) and why this is so difficult.

I have a dying drive and don’t have time for this nonsense. Does anyone know of any way of contacting people above the first line WD support employees as I’m clearly not getting anywhere because apparently changing the country on someone’s account is beyond them.

We have passed along this regional issue to Support. Please check your Private Messages for updates.

It better not be the same first line support I’m already dealing with because I’m losing my rag. The whole point of posting here was so that I could get the attention of -someone else- higher up that may be able to fix the issue, not just drag it out further.

Enverex wrote:

It better not be the same first line support I’m already dealing with because I’m losing my rag. The whole point of posting here was so that I could get the attention of -someone else- higher up that may be able to fix the issue, not just drag it out further.

While I understand where you’re coming from, I believe you are misunderstanding the very purpose of the WD Community, which is user-to-user interaction. Staff members may post once in a while, but Western Digital has official, direct support channels for addressing technical issues. Users should not expect constant, steady, and/or direct responses from WD Staff members while on the forum.

Hopefully the Support Teams will be able to address your concerns.