Smart status not available for a WD20EADS

Hi fzabkar, i’m really very thankful for your great explanation!!! I would test with the bootable cd then.

But now I realize I forgot to mention two things. First of all about the IDE thing, the disk is connected to an old motherboard without native SATA support, so it’s connected through a Rosewill RC212 PCI controller card (I didn’t remember that until you mention the IDE thing). Is maybe because of that that dlgdiag is seeing the drive as an IDE?

The second one is some time ago, after a power outage in my home, I lost a 1/4 of the data stored in the disk. I recover almost all of the info with a Data Recovery; but since the disk was almost full and I discover the missing data one day after the power outage, some files were lost because newer files stored in the disk that same day.

Could be any of this things related to the UDMA CRC Error rate you mention? Truly sorry for not telling this before.

About DMA or PIO, I don’t know if I could see or change the mode as the drive is connected through the PCI controller card (the drive connection is not listed in Device Manager as a normal IDE/SATA controller).

By the way, here are HDtune read test. I also attach the info page (the healt page was empty so I suppose hdtune can’t read smart status). But I don’t understand them very well.

hdtune.JPG

hdtune2.JPG

Thanks in advance mate, regards!