SMOR sees Nothing,

can’t seem to get bios to detect my  2 WDE18310-0050 (SCSI HD’S) hooked up to host Adaptec SCSI 2100S.Disks are spinning but Smor sees nothing.Was thinking that jumpering D TARGET INIT on both drives could do the job.But having no more 2 mm jumpers i can’t try this(although i’ve placed order for more jumpers).2 more questions: What is pin Force SE used for? (is it to terminate last drive on cable),if not what pins terminate !   thanks

maybe i need to attach the cable (end with the black plastic) to last drive and not to the host adapter,thus terminating ! i’ve had the black part of the cable attached to the host adapter all along ??? Just been on this site where the guy says you don’t need to terminate drives (with jumper) if using cable that came with the card (???) .

2x WDE18310-0050 + Adaptec 2100s          thanks

Have you tested the units on a different system?

Black plastic end of cable has LVD/SE (low voltage differential ) written on it,i think this IS terminator end.I had it hooked up to the Host adapter when i think it was to be plugged in to the the last drive on cable.No way of testing until the jumpers i ordered arrive.Found these 2 HD’s + Adaptec Adapter (Pci) in an old server on my street.Only 2 jumpers on them,need more than that for SCSI id’s.  waiting   

if SCSI id # 7 is reserved for Host adapter,and id # 0 is usually reserved for boot drive.But they tell you that 0 to 7 is for 8 bit bus and my adapter is 16 bit.If i want to create raid 0 array (boot disk) on my 16 bit bus what id number do i give to first disk on cable ? 0  or 8-15 ???  confused

question which boggles my mind,as i wait for jumpers