Requesting help ensuring i received the right product

I recently ordered from newegg a :
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

However, in my speccy it shows up as
SATA type SATA-II 3.0Gb/s

I was wondering if there is a way to find the HD model within, or perhaps the HD Cache speed or other statistics i can use to ensure i got the right drive.

I get the feeling somebody at the factory stuck the sticker for the “WD1002FAEX” on a “WD1001FALS”

It is making almost as much noise as my 3 year old Seagate, which seems odd for a  “new hard drive” and is occasionally sluggish when performing menial tasks such as dragging a window to the top of the screen to maximize it.

Any help whatsoever apreciated.

Hi get a copy of hd tune pro or hard disc sentinal and see what the smart data tells you it will also tell you model number and if it is sata 3 or 2.

Thanks for the response, i’ll check out HD tune pro. 

ok so i ran something WD suggested (i couldnt comprehend HD tune) and it verified the model was correct with the label. 

Now i’m wondering if i perhaps need to take additional measures to ensure it can run at full capacity. Since its showing in speccy that it is only using SATA-II 3.0Gb/s, is there something that needs to be done to enable it to use SATA 6.0Gb/s?

It came with just the drive from newegg (No wires etc). and has 8 additional prongs. ( http://i.imgur.com/bIl01.png ) on the right side. I used the basic two plugs i had from my old HD on the left.

Is it plugged in to a SATA-III port on your motherboard?