Repairing Bad sectors

Hello,

I have a problem of bad sectors of my WD hard disk, this caused by sudden stop of electricity while I was creating a new partition. I tried to repair it with this software " Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows " it could identify the bad sectors but to repair it wasn’t able it shows me this message " Unable to repair bad sectors " , I tried many times but no result.

Please could anyone help me, how to repair the hard disk ?

Thank you very much in advance

Welcome to the Community.

I would recommend replacing your hard drive under warranty if DLG is unable to repair the bad sectors.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/

Thank you, but unfortunately the HDD is out of warrantly, 

my HDD information :

Name:  WD Scorpio Blue

Serial number : [Deleted]

model : WD5000BEVT - 24A0RT0

Couldn’t be any solution to fix the bad sectors ?

Get yourself a linux live cd, such as ubuntu, boot it up, and check the SMART stats of the drive.  You can do this on the ubuntu cd using the gnome disk utility.  In particular, check the raw values for Reallocated_Sector_Ct, Curent_Pending_Sector, and Offline_Uncorrectable.

If you have zero offline, and zero or only a few reallocated, but some pending, then you should be able to repair the drive by writing zeroes across the whole thing.  You can do this with a command like the following:

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda

You might want to run lsblk first to make sure that the drive in question is in fact, /dev/sda.  It may show up as a different letter, in which case you need to use that.

If that completes without errors ( it will take quite a while with no output ), then check the SMART stats again and hopefully the pending sectors are gone and you still have no offline and zero or few reallocated.  If that’s the case then the drive should be good to reformat and use.  It also wouldn’t hurt to run the long SMART selftest and make sure that passes.

Thank you very much psusi, but I already used " wd data lifeguard diagnostic " to write zeros, I run it on Tuesday at 20:00 and it still running, today is Thursday and still not finished yet it arrives to 50% and stops contunuing it has taken more than 36 hours, I hope finish without errors,

Thank you 

Hello to everyone,

In order to correct bad sectors I used " WD data lifeguard diagnostics " to write zeros to my HD (of 500 GB), it’s been taken a long time, I launch it Thursday evening and today is Sunday 20:44, it is more than three days and the software has just writed zeros to 45% of HD. Other things, " the Elapsed Time " it shows 02:35:00 and " Estimated Time Remaining "shows 102:39:41 which concerne " current sector 411066623 of 976773167 " (at the moment I’m writing this message). My question is: do you find that normal ? or the software doesn’t work properly ? and the the Elapsed Time isn’t correct.  It will take a week to finish, I think.

please if anyone has already used this software, could help about what to do ? what could y advise me ?

thank you very much in advance