Raid Array offline after installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology

I just built a new PC consisting of 1 New SSD, 2 New 1TB Caviar Blacks and 1 old Caviar Green.

After installing my new PC, all I did was install my ethernet driver for my new MOBO(MSI P67A-GD65), set my 2 new caviar blacks in raid 0 and continued with my daily activities, gaming, watching movies etc. After a week I decided to install all my other drivers and utilities even though I haven’t encountered any problems I just thought it’d be a good idea to give it a wholesome install. After installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology I could see my 2 caviar blacks in raid 0 working just fine under Intel Rapid Storage Technology’s Manage screen.

Then I decided to rename my raid drive from Volume0 to My Caviar Blacks. They were still working fine. After I restarted, to my extreme horror, during boot-up I saw the raid members were offline, both of my caviar blacks but caviar green was still running perfectly. I poked around my bios settings even did a system restore, my blacks are still offline.

What happened? Was it the name change? Was it the new drivers? What should I do? :frowning:

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I’m thinking the driver doesn’t like the spaces.  I would try putting it back to “Volume0”; if it works, then try “MyCaviarBlacks” or “My_Caviar_Blacks”.

I renamed mine to SSD_Cache and SSD_Boot and haven’t had a problem (but mine is the caching RAID0 rather than the standard HDD real RAID0).

did you ever contact wd?  if so, what did they say?

Why would you contact WD about an Intel product?

RoloX2 wrote:

Why would you contact WD about an Intel product?

If you’re talking to me, I wouldn’t.  I was just curious.  what I’d expect was for them to say that the drives may not work in his raid configuration.  but it is weird that they wouldn’t reconfigure in the raid array.  so, maybe you’re right. it’s how he named them.