Quick Test on drive did not complete!

Doing a quick test with the Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics - DLGDIAG for Windows, it came up with error messages and stopped then and there.  What did the message mean?  What should I do next?  I am doing the extended test at the momemt.  Will it fix all the errors found?

Quick Test on drive did not complete! Status Code = 07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint =97 (Unknown Test) SMART self-test did not complete on drive!

Test Option: QUICK TEST

Model Number: WDC WD15EARS-00S8B1

Unit Serial Number: WD-[Deleted]

Firmware Number: 80.00A80

Capacity: 1500.30 GB

SMART Status: PASS

Test Result: FAIL

Test Error Code: 06-Quick Test on drive 3 did not complete! Status code = 07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint = 97 (Unknown Test) SMART self-test did not complete on drive 3!

Test Time: 20:53:15, January 18, 2012

you should use the warranty for your drive… its seems that is developing bad sectors

please install hard disk sentinel and see that particular drive

1 Like

Yes, the extended test which took more than 8 hours showed bad sectors which couldn’t be fixed.

yep its confirmed that you have a bad drive :confused:

use the warranty plz

1 Like

Thanks!  I have contacted the supplier who said that there was usually a 3-years warranty.  I bought it more than one year ago.  I hardly used it until lately.  I have been worried the warranty had lapsed.

I’ve just realized from the RMA that I have to send the drive to Malaysia from Australia of which the freight would cost me more than buying a new drive.  I wonder why they don’t have a local point to collect the faulty drive.  I am very disappoiinted.  I bought the drive in Australia.  Why would the warranty require me to send it overseas.

did you bought it in some store?

the store should handle rma process if you have the receipt :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought it from a local wholesaler.  I am a retailer.  For this particular one, I actually intended to use it myself.  Owing to being busy, I had overlooked my own problems though I noticed the problem of the drive not long after I bought it while I had to look after clients’ problems first .  This purchase was done more than one year ago.  Perhaps this could be their argument.  By law here, the suppliers here only need to be responsible for one year warranty.