Not recognised in Windows7

After a new installation of Windows7 my WD10EARS is visible in the bios-setting but not in Windows, on several computers. I have also a WD5000AAKS (Caviar Blue), all OK. The WD10 is full of valuable files (not very well back-upped, indeed :|).

Any idea to rescue the content? In het Data Lifeguard Tools the Smart Staus is passed, and the extended test is running for the next 12 hours.

Thanks!

Hi well I would not test it or play with it anymore hehe. While bios can see the drive any of the many data recovery programs will also find it. Example data recovery pro is a program you use it to write a bootable disk it boots and gives you a choice of what files you want to try and retrieve and lets you choose a partition or other drive to put the files on. They all offer trials so give a trial version  a go of any one of them to start with.

Hello Hammey,

Yhanks for this great answer. Data Recovery Pro is now running, has found 97641 files, and will be running for hours. So I have hope everything will be allright in a few hours (or days).

regards,

Paul

PS Recovu didn’t recognize the physical drive.

Hello Hammey,

Unfortunately, Data recovery Pro is only working with windows 2000, WP and Vista. Not 7 or 8. Do you have another suggestion?

regards,

Paul