No NTFS!

Hi!  I have a WD800JB that I wanted to do a LLF and a HLF, but when I tried it would only allow the NTFS system on the drive, and I don’t want that… I just want a regular FAT32.  Any ideas?  Thanks!  :heart:

Windows won’t allow you to format a disk as Fat32 if its larger than 32GB. You’ll have to use a third party tool to do that.

But, why do you want to do that? Why not use NTFS?

Well I heard NTFS is more restrctive with diagnostic programs than fat32.  I don’t know if that’s true or not!  Can you tell me about the differences? 

FAT32 is more likely to be compatible with AV devices than NTFS, but it is restricted to a maximum file size of 4GB.

Hi,

My name is Panmei, I came across the discussion that you might have idea about repairing the broken USB port for WD 1TB external drive.

Would appreciate your help.

you can mail me: rpanmei@yahoo.com

or call 9650527774

Thank you.

R. Panmei

“Well I heard NTFS is more restrctive with diagnostic programs than fat32.  I don’t know if that’s true or not!  Can you tell me about the differences?”

I don’t know who told you that, but it is wrong. Each filesystem has a vast array of supporting utilities and tools. NTFS even more.

You really want to use NTFS, it has all sorts of features designed to help ensure the integrity of your data. The only time I recommend FAT/FAT32 is if the application or device specifically requires it.