New WD Black not detecting properly

Sigh…

Well it looks like I may be facing some sort of PUIS issue. I managed to get my pc to boot off a disk (all new to me, I am not used to a UEFI system…) got HDAT2 running and attempted to wake up the drives. I managed to get one to wake by plugging it into the SATA0_0 slot on my mobo where my boot drive nomally resides. The only issue was it only said it was a 8Gb drive, not a 4Tb! I tried looking into other options in HDAT2 but every menu bought up errors with the drive. I decided to try my other 4Tb black and that refused to wake at all. 

I am too annoyed to continue with it at the moment but may try the MHDD method from this thread:  http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?t=19107&start=20 in a few days.

The most frustrating thing is I am thinking I will need to RMA them, which isnt much of an issue other than being stuck here in Antarctica till early April with no oppertunity to post anything out or in so I have to try to survive the summer here with my bank of old WD Greens and by the time I can send the Blacks back, there will probably be something new and better on the market…

Anyway enough of my dramas, thank you all for your help so far, I have learnt heaps about HDD’s and feel much more confident with them now. Cheers guys, really appreciate it!