My Drive is Not Working - WD Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320gb

I have received the drive from a friend and it had recently had data added to it from my broken laptop, I had traveled with it in a suitcase from Utah to Kentucky. All was fine when I connected to my stepfather’s netbook, all the data was fine, though it has been trip on a couple a times and fell on the ground yet it seemed fine when I reconnected it.

Yet last night, while using it, I had left it alone for about 15 minutes and on returning it said it couldn’t find the location on some of the documents I had open and on disconnecting/reconnecting it wanted to re-install. I let its do it thing but it wouldn’t appear in My Computer. Instead I find the that C Drive strangely shows having a bit more then 320 gbs when my stepfather said the netbook should have no more then 1gb in memory. This oddity stays there even after disconnecting my WD harddrive from the netbook.

I took it to the library today to try and get it too work but it wont appear on this computer either, the above oddity does not appear though. Heck the computer is not even recognizing it at all, not showing it install driver or having the symbol to the right appearing and showing activity when a hard drive/jump drive is connected.

I am not sure what to do.

the C drive on the netbook, will be its local drive, you need to connect your drive via USB, which will be issued another drive letter by the devcie you connect it to.  if it been dropped, you might bee to run a repair scan of the drive before its linked in properly.

I don;t think libraries would keen on leting you connect an external drive to their systems, without permission.