Installing new wd blue 2.5 hdd problems

Hi all,

I hope you can help

Yesterday morning I was using my laptop at work and all was working as it should shut down, when I got home I booted the laptop up to get a hdd error,

I run out this morning and purchased a new wd blue hdd and installed it to get my laptop back up and running, but no joy the hdd is not showing up in the bios and windows cant find it when it’s trying to install,

My laptop is a dell inspire 1545 and it was running windows vista and that’s what I am trying to reinstall

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards
Jamie

Okay have solved the problem

The dells hdd is a thickness of 9,5mm and the new wd drive is only 7mm

Hello there and welcome to the WD community.

Some times laptops do not support certain types of drives, have you checked if this particular drive is supported by this laptop? If possible, you can also try to test the drive on a different computer to see if it works.

Hi Jpread988,

Sorry to heard about the issue that you are having. If the replacement drive that you purchased for your laptop is larger than your older original drive, make sure that your laptop can support the new drives capacity. Computers have a limit of how large of a drive they can support based on when they were manufactured. You may need to contact Dell to find out the limitation or see if there is a BIOS update for your laptop that can help.

Also, you may need a pre-OS driver in order for Windows to detect the drive. This driver is installed before Windows so that Windows can detect the drive. I included a link to the drivers page for your laptop. Hopefully, one of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers will work under the “Serial ATA” section. These drivers are typically installed by pressing F1 during the start of the Windows installation. Then you need to have the driver on a floppy disk.

Dell Inspiron 1545 drivers

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-1545/drivers

Hope this helps