Initio INIC 1608 firmware to support 3TB drive

My 1TB WD GREEN external USB leverages an Initio INIC 1608 controller.

It’s been a great drive, but I want to switch it out for a 3TB drive from another enclosure that has a controller that won’t let the drive go to sleep.

I’m just wondering if there is a firmware update that would allow this controller to address 3TB drives.

My Seagate 3tb drive that I have hooked up to it only shows 746GB.

thanks

Although WD hard drives should work properly in external enclosures, we are not able to provide technical support for drives in this configuration beyond suggested jumper settings and warranty replacement. 

There are many different external bridgeboard and enclosure manufacturers, each with their own command sets, levels of compatibility, and technical issues. Because of this, WD Technical Support is unable to provide support for each one of these third-party manufacturers’ products.

Any additional questions about using a WD hard drive in an external enclosure should be directed to the company that manufactured the enclosure.

To ensure full compatibility testing, warranty, and technical support, we would recommend that you consider looking at WD’s own external Firewire and USB 2.0 products which can be found at http://www.wdc.com/en/products/external/.