IDE Sata

WinDlg_v1_27 says IDE for drive is that normal?  I loaded the ACHI driver first, then partitioned formatted and loaded W7HP sp1.  Have not went online or updated yet.  Sata III motherboard and drive.

TIA

IDKME

Check the following article:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3592

Hi Robothief

It’s an AMD Board with Sata4-5 set to ide in bios for DVD drives.  I look at another one and it was the same but had 2 WD Drives and the second said Sata using WinDlg_v1_27.

I said that to rule out this, I have a Black WD5003AZEX with “Test Error Code: 06-Quick Test on drive 1 did not complete! Status code = 07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint = 97 (Unknown Test) SMART self-test did not complete on drive 1!”

I bought that Drive from a popular online store.  I went to my local BestB and had to settle for a WDC WD10EZEX.  I did same thing from first post and get this, Test Option: QUICK TEST Model Number: WDC WD10EZEX-xxxx Unit Serial Number: WD-xxxxxxxx Firmware Number: 01.01A01 Capacity: 1000.20 GB SMART Status: PASS Test Result: PASS with Windows 7 ready to go online to update.

Any other  tests or things to check before I RMA to WD?

Thanks,

IDKME