Hard drive not showing up

I just built a new system when i first turned it on it came on just fine the screen that came up showed up telss me what the system is seeing and in sata 1 it shows my ssd and sata 3 shows my dvd but no sata 2 which is my wd 2tb black haed drive any suggestions

Welcome to the WD Community mjh324. Have you tried using another SATA cable or using another SATA port to connect the hard drive? If possible also try connecting the hard drive on another motherboard. 

Yes i have tried another cable i am hoping the drive is not bad out of the box dont have anther mob to hook up to have tried other ports that have workrd with ssd plug into them i am new at this pc stuff so bare with me if i make no sense thank you

I agree with the moderator that cables or ports are the likely problem. I have a few docks which don’t work for some reason, but then I disconnect everything and put it all back together and it works (they’re old). By the way, look in the BIOS screen to see if the motherboard recognizes the drive at all. Then check to see how the motherboard is configured: IDE, AHCI, or RAID. You probably want AHCI.

1 Like